The primary purpose of the Athletic Officials Service (AOS) is to assist all members to become better officials. Thus, a fundamental goal is to effect uniformity in the administration of our duties.
To this end, the AOS promotes efficient and standard officiating techniques in both football and basketball. This is accomplished by full membership involvement in the following areas:
- In-depth study of the rules
- Physical conditioning programs
- Conducting instructional meetings each season in each sport
- Attending IHSA interpretation meetings and special clinics
- Fostering close cooperation among coaches, officials, and school administrators
- Supporting the Inter-Association Council of Athletic Officials (IACAO)
We are an officials’ service organization and are dedicated to serve you and the youth of our communities. We cordially invite you and your fellow officials, school and community administrators, and coaches to attend any of our meetings or clinics. Information may be obtained from the respective Vice-President of each sport.
For further information about our programs, contact the respective sport Vice President listed below:
Football: John Jakobsze
Basketball: Josh Schroeder